Me

Me

Monday, September 25, 2023

Blog 8: Privacy

 Privacy

Blog Post #8

Privacy affects everybody in my life. I knew that companies could figure out what you wear and what you do to give you better advertising experiences because I've experienced that on my own. but I did not know that the police had cameras everywhere to track license plates and basically everything you do in case you're a criminal. I am not a criminal so this doesn't  make me feel very safe. What if they see me do something that they think is illegal? what if the camera doesn't tell them everything and they arrest me based on false pretense? What the government should be doing is not allowing companies to track US in the first place but they should also be gaining our information on license plates in a different way or just tracking people with a criminal record. that could be their punishment for committing a crime that they be tracked for a certain number of years before the data is eventually wiped after their punishment is over. If the police have to use our data for any particular reasons they should be signing forms that say they won't leak it to other people. Commercial companies however should not have our data at all and the government should make it illegal for them to have data beyond what we give them to buy things and even then they should be able to erase it after we use it. we can protect ourselves from invasions of privacy by not saving our information in our computer or browsers because then companies have an easier time accessing the information. We can also refrain from sharing information that could be confidential over certain phone lines or social media sites. (My doctors do this when I have to have virtual appointments,  they use a software that has HIPAA compliance so my information and what I'm saying in the session doesn't get leaked) If the police Need your information give them a burner email and make sure that you only tell them what they really need to know and not anything else.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

  Final Post I would say I have a healthy relationship with technology, but my parents would probably disagree. I have an incredibly large o...