Me

Me

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

EOTO 2

 I think the thing I found most interesting was of the world's first iteration of AI called Eliza. I found it interesting that the first iteration would be in the form of a digital therapist rather than something that could actually do more like turn on lights or make things move. I wonder why they didn't do that way? What I thought was the most interesting about Eliza was the fact that her inventor really regretted making Eliza because he was before his time and thought that AI was going to take over the world. little did he know how right he was going to be! today AI everywhere and is taking away lots of human jobs, it even has started putting filler words in conversations with humans to make it sound more authentic. It's wild to me that AI can mimic modern human speech patterns and even sound like an actual human is talking .Although AI has been helpful to me in particular I think this is taking it too far Eliza's  inventor is probably laughing at us in the cosmos to be honest. It's like he was predicting the future!

The Monster Itself


Another thing I find interesting is the phenomenon called “cord cutting.” Cord cutting is when people are getting rid of cable subscriptions in favor of screaming services as a way to watch television. I knew that cord cutting was happening but  I figured a lot of rural communities still had cable TV because it's harder to get Wi-Fi in less urban areas. I also didn't realize that it was causing a bigger discrepancy between Boomers who are having trouble accessing and learning how to use the technology,  and the Gen Z who  feel as though cable is irrelevant and that boomers are jacking up the prices of streaming services and cable for no reason. I think Gen Z needs to relax and give the older Generations a chance to learn and catch up to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

  Final Post I would say I have a healthy relationship with technology, but my parents would probably disagree. I have an incredibly large o...